Everyone need to understand that sanitising the daily-touch objects like raw vegetables, milk packets etc are always important, Its not just because of the Coronavirus.
How to clean vegetables/raw food?
Viruses can easily grow in raw vegetables, but it does not grow on foods. Virus can pass on the contaminate food which is in contacted with the infected person. Viruses have a high resistance to chemical treatments. So here are the few steps to control the virus.
How to sanitise milk packets?
Once we take the milk packet, we have to check for the basic safety measures like wearing mask and maintain the proper distancing, wearing gloves etc has been followed by the milkman. We have to wah our hands as well the milk packets once we picked it. we have to rinse the milk packet under running water. No need to use any sanitizers or detergent to
wash it. Running water is enough!
How to sanitise your phone?
Mobile phones are essential to everyone and it needs to sanitize it because we may use it in a shop counter or in a vegetable market. We may also use the mobiles outside for some reason or to attend a long call. We can clean our mobile with the help of a soft lint-free cloth and wipe and clean the surface of the phone when it is unplugged. Do not use cleaners that will harm the mobile screen. If we are getting confused about the sanitizer used for mobile, then we can simply use a moderately wet wipe cloth to clean the surface. Do not give the phone to other family members, especially to outsiders. Once you come from outside.
How to sanitise your mask?
Mask is mandatory for the everyone who are going outside from house.
Most of the masks are made up of a material that suits for washing or sanitising it. If we are
the using the mask for child under two years then sure we have to be very careful. Here are
the few tips to sanitise your mask.
- We have to wash our hands everytime when you touch or remove your mask
- If you are preparing the home made mask then we have to chose for the
thick fabric instead of old and fabric
- Home made mask is always protect others from you if you happen to cough
or sneeze but it should not should protect you.
- If you are using a surgical masks or N95 mask, we can keep that as air-dried
for seven days rather than washing.
- We should not use alcohol, bleach, harsh soap or detergent to wash mask. It
will spoil the effectiveness of the mask.
How to handle dustbins and trash?
Here are the below steps to show how to handle dustbins.
- We should always use the trash bag for dustbin, instead of putting the trash directly
into the bin.
- We should not pass the dustbin to another person to dispose it. We should just
remove the trash bag and throw out.
- Every two or three days once we have to sanitise your trash cans with the proper
disinfectant because the municipal corporation helper, others may touch the surface
- After wash the dustbin, We have to made the dustbins to dry naturally so we have to
Place the dustbin under the sunlight for some time.
- Everyone should keep the dustbins away from the children.
- Everyone should Wear gloves while handling or disposing waste.
How to clean doors, knobs and other surfaces?
Every day we have to sanitise the most exposed areas of the home like doors, door knobs,
table tops etc because these are handled by many peoples including family members,
vendors, guests, courier delivery persons. Here are the few steps to sanitise
- You can use a simple soap and water solution with the cloth to sanitise.
- We can use a microfiber cloth and disinfectant spray to clean the surfaces.
- You have to use gloves when you sanitise these surfaces.
- We should avoid touching your face when cleaning .
- Keep a disinfectant spray handy in case you are not able to find time to sanitise.
How to handle packed food?
Now a days we are ordering the food like ready-to-eat meal packages, for example
bread packets, here washing the surface of the packets is not that much easy. So we
have to transfer the content into the bread box. Like this, other items like pulses are
also transfer to the containers but here we can clean the packets with soap and
water. Once transferred, we have to dispose the empty packets into the dustbin.
Before transferring it to the containers, we have to Wash your hands before
touching the contents in a packet.
Food safety measures
According to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), we need to consider
the below mentioned guidelines:
- We should avoid keeping food packets directly into the refrigerator which we bought
- We should Avoid using soaps, disinfectants and cleaning products to wash fruits and
- We should keep the Washed food in a dedicated space, so that it does not get
contaminated other daily-touch surface.
- Packets aacan be cleaned with soap or sanitizer solution.
- Clean the sink properly after cleaning the food products.
The above given methods are advised by the medical expert. So if we want to prevent
yourself from falling in this disease, we have to follow each and every steps.