The state which has been ruled directly by the Central Government is called as union territory and one administrator has been appointed by the president on the recommendation of Prime Minister. Union Territories are ruled directly by a Lieutenant Governor as an administrator appointed by the Central government. Union Territory is ruled by Union with the small administrative unitsIn 1956, the re-organization of states discussion has started. The States Re-organization Commission recommended the creation of a different category for these states. so they classified the states which are economically unbalanced, financially weak, and administratively and politically unstable. the state which is fully depends on the union government and cant survive without their administration. union territory was formed by considering the above reasons. The first union territory of India is Andaman and Nicobar island , the second union territory is Chandigarh which is the shared capital of Punjab and Haryana.. Recently the Jammu and Kashmir state is separated into Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh Union Territories and the Dadar and Nagar Haweli union territory was formed by merging with Daman and Diu Basically, Union Territories are small units, that are controlled and managed by the Central Government. The Executive Head is the President. Except Delhi and Puducherry, other Union Territories have no representation in the Rajya Sabha. Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, and Puducherry have their own elected legislature assembly and executive council, The remaining union territories are controlled and regulated by the Union of the country
There are 8 Union territories in India. Each Union territory has a unique in its nature Each union territory has a different history, culture, dress, festivals, language, and demography, etc
• 1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
• 2. Dadra and Nagar Haveli
• 4. Lakshadweep
• 5. Puducherry
• 6. Delhi
• 7. Ladakh
• 8. Jammu and Kashmir
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands Port Blair is selected as a capital of Andaman and Nicobar Island.The Total area of this Island Is 8,249 sq. km. The population of this Island I 4 lakh approximately. People in this Island may know the following languages Hindi, Nicobarese, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu
2. Dadra and Nagar
2. Dadra and Nagar HaveliThe capital of this Island is Silvassa. The Total area of this Island is 491 sq km. The population of this Island I 4 lakh approximately. Dadar and Nagar Haweli is formed as a single union territory by merging with Daman and Diu. People is tis Island may know the following languages Gujarati, Hindi
3. Lakshadweep The Capital of Lakshadweep is Kavaratti. The Total land area of this Island is 32 sq. km. The Population of this Island is 64,429 approximately. The principal languages of this Island are Malayalam, Jeseri (Dweep Bhasha) and Mahal. Lakshadweep is considered as a small union territory in india
4. Puducherry Pondicherry was under the French rule for 138 years. The capital of this territory originated from the French in India. The total area of this Territory is 479 sq km. It is surrounded by the Bay of Bengal on the East and on the other three sides are surrounded by Tamil Nadu. The Population of this Territory is 12,44,464 approximately. The Principle language of this Territory are Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English and French
5.Delhi The capital of Delhi is the New Delhi. Delhi is officially declared as the National Capital Territory or NCT, It is a city and a union territory of India. It was changed into a Union Territory in 1956.It is also contains the National Capital Region urban areas which includes Noida, Gurgaon, Greater Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad. Delhi is located on beautiful banks of Yamuna river, which is considered as one of the holy river in India. Red fort, Palika Bazaar, Lotus Temple, Jama Masjid are few of the many tourist attractive places are available in Delhi. The India Gate is being considered as The Pride of India. It is a war memorial place and it is dedicated to the 82,000 soldiers, both Indian and British, who died during the First World War.
The Capital of Ladakh is Leh. Ladakh was selected as a Union Territory on October 31st 2019. The largest town in Ladakh is Leh, and Kargil, Leh was initially selected to be the headquarters of the new division Later Leh and Kargil will jointly serve as the divisional headquarters, each headquarters has the Divisional Commissioner and Inspector General of Police. They have to spend half their time in each town. Ladakh is famous for its pleasant and attractive mountains and its different culture. The Leh district has the river valleys of Indus, Shyok and Nubra. The Kargil district has the river valleys of Suru, Dras and Zanskar.
8. Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir Srinagar and Jammu are the capital of Jammu and Kashmir From May to October Srinagar is the summer capital and from November to April Jammu is the winter capital. The total area of Jammu and Kashmir is 222,236 sq.km Jammu and Kashmir possess their own elected legislature assembly and executive council which operate like states.In India, each Union territories has its special rights and a dedicated status.. These union territories may have a chance to change to states in the future for their efficient administrative control. The union government has no criteria on funds devolution where all the revenue goes to the union government. Some union territories are provided more funds and some are less. For some union territories, the union government has shared some funds for its development. The Parliament has power of legislation regarding union territories. the high Court of Chandigarh acts as a high court for Punjab and Haryana, Kerala High Court acts as a high court of Lakshadweep, Calcutta High court acts a high court for the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Madras High Court has jurisdiction over Pondicherry. Bombay High Court acts as a high court of Daman and Diu. Delhi has a separate High Court.